Thursday 23 May 2013

Adore Beauty (Australia) Haul May 2013

Hello there!



When Adore Beauty emailed out their 'Best of the Best' edit, I had a quick look, and this happened. I was only meant to look. *shake my head*

 I had been umming and ahhing over the Clarins Gentle Exfoliating Brightening Toner for aaaages, I have heard it is similar to Alpha H Liquid Gold, and my skin could always do with a brighten in the winter time!

The Clarins Toner is an AHA based product, which stands for Alpha Hydroxy Acid, intended to exfoliate skin cells. As I am trying to give the whole chemical exfoliant thing a go, as opposed to a physical exfoliant (the gritty textured stuff) I am pretty excited to try this baby out!

The Best of the Best kit came in a handy travel bag, stuffed full of makeup and skincare goodies. Here's what you get:

Lanolips Rose Balm Intense (for very dry hands and nails)- 25ml:

Very heavily scented, that heavy 'grandma's house' smell of rose. If you love the rose smell, you will go for this, if not, steer clear! Pretty handy handbag size.

Napoleon Auto Pilot Pre-Foundation Primer- 15ml

I have never tried a Napoleon primer, light gel texture, handy travel size here too.

St Tropez Skin Illuminator- 30ml

This one is a great size, considering you don't need much to get a luminised effect. I was surprised it was very white, blending down clear. Swatched above, I think this is a great choice for under foundation in winter, to get that glow going!

Philosophy Purity Cleanser- 30ml

I wasn't overly excited about this, although the size is handy, I have not heard amazing things about the formulation.

Benefit They're Real Mascara- 3g

At 3g it is not going to last long, but perfect for a long weekend, and I have heard some great reviews on this product, so will have to see if it lives up to the hype!

TheBalm Hot Mama shadow/blush- 1g

This came in the cutest, dinkiest packaging! The colour is a coral, with gold shimmer, nice and silky to touch and decent pigmentation. I don't generally enjoy too much shimmer on my cheeks as it emphasises pores, but as a shadow with a tan, I think this could look fab, or even as a highlight.

Bioderma Crealine H20 Micellar Solution- 20ml

This is a teeny sample, but given you don't need much if you just use it to get off stubborn mascara it should be handy. Another winner for a weekend away, and given the rave reviews about this, I am very keen to see what its like!

Adore Beauty always includes free samples with every order, and I received a Lancome Genefique serum sample, and a Jurlique herbal eye recovery gel. Not bad.

There is another option of haircare and skincare for the 'best of the best' kit, and you get 10% off when you purchase a full size of any product included.

Will update if any of these products knock my socks off, or fail to impress!

Bec






No comments:

Post a Comment