Friday 31 May 2013

By Terry Ombre Blackstar in Blond Opal VS MAC Bare Study


Hello!

I was going through my makeup collection, and I found two products I thought could do with a more in-depth comparison: By Terry Ombre Blackstar in Blond Opal (3) and MAC Bare Study.




Both are in the champagne family, with Bare Study leaning slightly peachier, and Blond Opal having a more golden tint.

Both are cream shadows, but Bare Study comes in a 5g pot, with Blond Opal a mere 1.64g. Although both cream shadows, Bare Study has significantly more slip, and is more prone to creasing. Blond Opal has a thicker texture, and stays put without creasing throughout the day, making it a better choice to wear on its own. Both look pretty similar on the lids, but application-wise, the By Terry wins out with opacity, Bare Study was definitely more patchy, and applying with fingers can be a little tricky as you take off some of the product when you blend it.




By Terry is significantly more expensive for less product, however, I think the formulation and opacity is better, this stuff does not budge once dried! Bare Study is fantastic as an eyeshadow base, and provides value for money, but unfortunately I find it fades throughout the day so I cannot wear it on its own. I’ve had Bare Study for over two years, and it hasn’t dried out. As far as MAC paint pots go, I prefer Painterly for formula and finish, but Bare Study makes its way into my daily rotation as its lovely under other sheeny champagne shadows.

Have you tried either of these?  


No comments:

Post a Comment