Tuesday 28 May 2013



Hello!

I thought I would share my monthly favourites for May. A pretty exciting month for me, planning a trip to Vietnam in June (accommodation all finalised... crazy exciting!) and handing everything in to get admitted to the Bar in June as well! So all in all, a month of planning and preparation.

Onto the makeup though, and as you can see I have embraced a flushed autumnal glow this month:

Stila Convertible Color in 'Lilium': this is a wee gem, a brilliant cream blush. It seems duskier in the pan than on the skin- it is one of those blushes that does give a natural flush, and the perfect shade all year round, but I tend to embrace pinks more when I am on the paler side. I apply this with either my fingers (it is super pigmented, you only need a light dab) or with the Real Techniques Stipping Brush, which helps to blend evenly.

(NZers: you can get this from Mecca Cosmetica, but it is cheaper to order online from ASOS).

Maybelline Illegal Lengths Mascara: This mascara gives great volume, leaves my lashes looking thick and dark. I find it does take a little extra to remove it, but I think that's worth it- it doesn't smudge or transfer, which is always a plus.

YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat foundation in B30: this is the perfect shade for me for autumn/winter, and this foundation is lovely- leaves the skin glowy and fresh, gives decent coverage. The lasting power is not the best, but I find it wears well for around 6 hours.

NARS eyeshadow duo in Charade: I L.O.V.E. this duo! The left shade is a dusky, shimmery pink, but not glittery or too warm toned. The right shade is a matte, taupe-y purple. Absolutely perfect for the colder months. The formula is great, they blend nicely, and the right shade is particularly stunning- it makes the green in my hazel eyes pop, and such a rare shade to find! I highly recommend this because I find a flattering pink and purple so hard to find! I managed to find a picture of me wearing it below- sorry for the iPhone quality, but you can see the purple smudged around the eye, and it gives such a nice pop of colour without being overbearing or obvious.


L'Oreal True Match Concealer in '03 Cream'. What I love about this concealer is it is so blendable and creamy- I find it really does 'match' my skin tone, I can get away with using this all year round. I am not looking forward to getting to the end of this for two reasons: 1) it is really quite pricey for a cheaper brand which is annoying, and 2) the applicator does not reach the bottom of the bottle, which means you can't use all the product unless you get super creative with heating it in warm water. Still a favourite, but f-rustrating.

Rimmel Scandaleyes in Taupe: Wow. How amazing are the price and formulation of these babies?! I can't recommend them enough- creamy formula, comfortable to apply, great pigmentation, blendable but then also stay put. I don't think there's anything more to ask of an eyeliner? Nope, there's not. I love this shade in particular as it gives such subtle definition.

MAC Lipstick in Peach Blossom: alright, firstly, the name is misleading. There ain't no peach. It is a my lips but better beauty- it is glossy, comfortable, cremesheen formula goes with everything. It subtly brightens up the face and just so easy- a handbag staple! The shade is a mid-tone pink, which leans neither too yellow or too blue, I would say it has a slight brown undertone, which sounds off-putting, but it is actually more flattering I find!


Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector in 01: Such a comfortable gloss, and smells so sweet!





I thought I would add in a couple of music favourites because there is a band I am loving, and two songs of theirs in particular.

The band is Chvrches, they are Scottish, and I just love their sound. I ain't no muso, but I like what I like, and these guys have a really cool sound.






Also this month I have been trying to tone up, so every day I have been scouring youtube for fitness videos, so I can get varied, effective workouts for free! Just a tip for recent graduates who balk at non-student prices at gyms like me!

Along with a fitness kick, I have been trying to find some recipes that aren't too difficult, but are fresh, healthy and tasty. And I have found the most amazing blog called Ambitious Kitchen- I can personally vouch for the Crunchy Cashew Thai Quinoa- this is AMAZING guys! The blog has vegan and vegetarian options, and the lady behind the blog, Monique, is hilarious. I couldn't be more happy to have stumbled across this absolute gem!

Here's hoping June is less planning and more doing! Bring on the South East Asia adventure :)

No comments:

Post a Comment